Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is Windows really easier to use?

A recent experience left me wondering whether the oft-repeated statement that "Windows is much easier to use than Linux" really holds good any more. The other day I connected a data cable from my cell phone to my recently installed Linux Mint 7 laptop to transfer some files. The files didn't get transferred until much later - not because of any hitch, but because the system gave me a most pleasant surprise that left me playing with a new toy! My Linux system detected the USB device (a mobile broadband device), popped up a window showing me the region I was connecting from and allowed me to select my service provider from a list of operators in the region. Seconds later, I had established a connection through the cell phone and was browsing the Internet. Talk about simple!


No comments: